For two years McPheters & Company’s iMonitor service has provided ongoing tracking and rigorous evaluation of iPad apps of major newspapers in English-speaking and Western European countries, as well as publishers’ adoption of other platforms. The iMonitor database contains exhaustive and highly detailed current and historical data on these apps.
The new report “Trends & Best Practices in Newspaper Apps” provides information on the following:
- Projected growth of various platforms
- Growth in newspaper-related apps
- Convergence in the news category
- Newsstand vs. standalone apps
- Business models, including sources of revenue, presence and type of advertising, etc.
- Alternative business models
- Number of apps and quality ratings by developer and publisher
- Cross platform utilization and pricing by newspaper publishers
- Features and their relative incidence for apps and in-app advertising
- Types and incidence of malfunctions
- Best practice (with extensive examples)
- App design & development
- Best apps, overall and by country
- Outstanding ads
- Key drivers of consumer traction
- Relative downloads for major countries in terms of free, paid, and gross $ rankings
The electronically delivered report will be approximately 50 pages and will incorporate slides, graphs, photos and videos. For those who pre-order, the cost of the electronically delivered report will by $2950. The subsequent price will be $3500. The report will be released in late February. For more information please contact me at AMcPheters@mcpheters.com.