iMonitor™ Releases Annual Report: The State of the App
November 7, 2011 — New York, N.Y. McPheters & Company announced today its release of the iMonitor™ Annual Report: The State of the App. Since April of 2010, McPheters & Company’s iMonitor service has been doing global tracking and rigorous evaluation of iPad apps for magazines, newspapers, and other news outlets, as well as tracking publishers’ activities and pricing across a wide range of other platforms. The iMonitor database contains exhaustive and highly detailed current and historical data on about 3500 apps from all genres from around the world.
The report provides topline summary information on the following:
- Growth in publication apps
- Number of apps by type, by genre, by country, by developer, and by publisher
- Business models, including sources of revenue, presence and type of advertising, etc.
- Pricing across a wide array of platforms for apps, including pricing for apps, issues and subscriptions
- Alternative business models
- Use of other platforms
- Relative downloads for major countries in terms of free, paid, and gross $ rankings
- Drivers of consumer traction
- Features and their relative incidence for apps and in-app advertising
- Types and incidence of malfunctions
- Best practice in app design and development
- Outstanding apps
- Best apps, overall and by country
- Download rankings by country
- Outstanding ads
The electronically delivered report is a 92 page Powerpoint presentation, with slides, graphs, photos and videos. The cost is $5000.